DOCTOR WHO EXPERIENCE

August 12, 2014

Today I'm doing yet another more lifestyle or 'day in the life' type post. The experience was too good not to share. Brace yourselves. I went to the doctor who experience. To some of you that may be 'nerdy' or very un-cool, but to me it was FANTASTIC (I sound like the 9th doctor! haha!) 

I absolutely loved watching Dr Who when I was younger during the 9th-10th Dr's period (I didn't REALLY watch it after Rose left), so much so that I bought many of the DVDs, I collected the cards, had the school bag (and the lunchbox!), collected the figures and bought the magazine.
If you didn't know already, there is a 'doctor who experience' in Cardiff about an hour or so drive from my house. I have previously visited the exhibition when it was in the red dragon centre (I don't really remember it as I was a lot younger!) but really wanted to visit the new (opened in 2012) experience as I had heard a lot about it.

I was very, very excited to see the funny, spaceship shaped building as I crossed the bridge and squealed a little at the site of the tardis hovering over the river. 

The wait to go in was around 10 minutes (not too bad!) and we were spoken to by a lovely woman who'd be taking us around the experience. 
For the first 20-40 minutes you're taken on an adventure of your own which is very life like and does make you believe that you're part of the show- I won't spoil too much as you'll have to see it for yourself, but it's fantastic! 

We were then taken into a large room and an upstairs full of real props and memorabilia used in the show- it was hard to believe! 
From the costumes of past and present doctors, to the costumes of companions and monsters. The three tardis' used in the 50th special where there, along with the tardis set used during the 9th and 10th doctor's time. There was so much to see, it was incredible. 
The only way I can show you how amazing it was is through a few photos. Enjoy...



My favourite doctors the 9th and 10th doctor
My favourite companion of all time- Rose Tyler
David Tennant's hand prints
Matt Smith's hand prints

The 9th/10th tardis

the face of boe


EXTERMINATE!!




The three tardis' from the 50th

the bad wolf (Rose Tyler) 

 After the tour we went for lunch very near the experience (I've forgotten the name of the place- it was a little cottage). 
It was a very nice little lunch for a reasonable price over looking the river.


It was an absolutely lovely day out, which I thoroughly enjoy despite not being a huge watcher of the show recently, it really reminded me of the excitement the programme brought to my life.

More Info:
Website: www.doctorwho.tv/
Location: Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

The experience will be shutting it's doors in september as they make some changes as a new doctor comes to the tardis. This month is the LAST CHANCE to go on an adventure with the 11th doctor!

THANK YOU EVERYONE AT THE DR WHO EXPERIENCE FOR A BRILLIANT EXPERIENCE!


Where to find me??

FOLLOW ME ON: 
instagram: @haiaeve :)

THANKS FOR READING!

Take care,
Eve xx



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I live here and I have never been! I'm gonna have to go x

    ReplyDelete